Monday, May 1, 2023

About me

My name is Myriah Allen and I am a first-year Ph.D. in the Texas State University's applied anthropology program, whose work focuses on horses and cattle in New Mexico and Texas. My family is originally from Montana, where my great-grandparents migrated in 1898 from Norway. Over the years my grandparents entered the cattle industry as dairy farmers in Montana. Nowadays, a number of my relatives still own and work with cattle up in Montana and though the process is still similar to the late 1800s- early 1900s, there have been recent developments that are making their way into the cattle industry, an example of such is DNA. 


Photo of Myriah Allen




1 comment:

CALL FOR ALL-NATURAL CATTLE

 I am looking to conduct research on cattle bones for various archaeological implications, including seeing if there is a way to determine t...